Thursday, December 11, 2008

I promise not to do this too often

I do my absolute best to not get political on this blog. I have some pretty strong, pretty non-mainstream political views, but I try not to let them get in the way of football. However, a story like this comes along and ties both together, and I just can't help myself.

If you live in the 1st District of Illinois or 6th or 10th Districts of Texas, and are planning on voting for Reps. Bobby Rush, Joe Barton, or Michael McCaul respectively two Novembers from now, do me a favor. Don't vote. Go commit a felonious act that will bar you from voting ever again in those states.

Or, change your mind and throw these asshats out of office.

In a time when billions of taxpayer dollars are being rewarded to financial and auto sectors for their ineptitude, when we are literally spending ourselves into oblivion due to unsustainable public healthcare and Social Security structures, when rights violations are rampant in issues of taxation, marriage, and in homeland security, when our federal government has essentially been bent over by the energy and agriculture industries (CORN'LL FIX IT!), there are three representatives that think that the answer to the BCS system (which, unless you ask someone from the state of Texas, actually got the damn thing right this year) lies in the workings of the federal government.


YOU HAVE A COUNTRY TO RUN. FOOTBALL DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FIX REAL PROBLEMS.


Representatives, if the dead could rise for a day, Thomas Jefferson would fucking bitch slap the three of you. Good day, sirs.


P.S. Anyone mentioning the dormant commerce clause, other than me in this instance, gets a smack.